Cannellini Bean & Vegetable Soup
- 2 - 15 oz cans cannellini or white kidney beans drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 head of green cabbage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 cups (or more) vegetable stock
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini or squash, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large soup pot.
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery for approx. 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, potatos and zucchini/squash, cooking for approx. 1 minutes
- Add vegetable stock and spices, simmering until vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, cooking until warm.
- Pour in bowls and top with Parmeasan cheese (optional)