Deep Dish Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini (squeeze out the water in a paper towel)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Optional pizza ingredients (see below directions for ideas)
- Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan, mozzarella, and cheddar cheeses, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare your optional ingredients for the pizza.
- Roma Tomato Slices (or pizza or tomato sauce)
- Ground beef, Italian Sausage, Ground Turkey, Pepperoni, Meatballs (primal style), Ham. (Divide a total of 8-12 oz of meat)
- Onions, Green Pepper, Broccoli florets, Spinach, Red Pepper, Pineapple. (Large slices, enough for each layer)
- Shredded Mozzarella, Shredded Cheddar, Shredded Provolone, Shredded Italian blend. (1/4 cup per layer)
- Spread tomato slices (or pizza sauce) over the top of the zucchini (or about a 15 oz tin of sauce).
- Layer other ingredients in this order: meat, vegetables, cheese, and sprinkle of garlic powder & italian seasoning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serving Size: Makes 6-8 servings