Infant, Toddler and Preschool FAQ
Children from birth to 5 years
No. We required two weeks to process your application from the date that we receive your completed registration package of forms. Less than two-weeks’ notice will result in a delay of your start date.
Once you apply through OneList, you will receive an automatic welcome message providing next steps. When a space is available, the centre supervisor may contact you to offer a spot for your child. At this time, you wil be sent the Enrolment/Registration package of forms to complete. Upon sucessfull completion of the required enrolment documents, you will receive an email from the centre superivisor confirming your registration and start date.
If you have not received this email notification, please check your spam/junk email box. Once the email has been located, be sure to adjust your filters to ensure you receive future communications.
Full or partial subsidies are managed by the Region of Waterloo. Please contact 519-575-4400.
It is important to understand that completing the OneList registration does not mean you have applied or qualified for Child Care Subsidy. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure they have qualified for Child Care Subsidy prior to registering their child(ren).
- We require a set recurring schedule with a minimum of 2 days per week of care.
- If you are registered part-time (less than five days per week) and need to add the occasional extra day of care, you can do so by providing a written request with 20 days written notice to your location supervisor.
- Requests received with less than 20 business days’ notice will be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine if we can accommodate your request.
Payments are calculated based on the number of days of care your child is scheduled/registered for each month.
Once calculated, your monthly fees will be divided into two, with 50% being withdrawn from your account on the 1st of the month and the remainder on the 15th. You will receive an email from RisingOaks five days before a payment is scheduled to come out of your account.
Please note that your monthly tuition invoice will vary month to month based on the # of scheduled days. You can use our handy Payment Calculator, available on the Full-Day Program Fees page, to estimate your payments for each month.
- Assuming it’s a set recurring schedule (e.g., every other Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), yes we can accommodate your request. This is considered an alternating two-week schedule. In order to set up such a schedule, please email your location supervisor and provide the schedule of days for week 1 and week 2 and the start date for this schedule.
- Sandbox, our child care management system, will set it up as an automatic 2-week rotation. Any changes to this schedule must be communicated in writing to your location supervisor and requires 20 business days’ notice.
- This is considered a Flex Care Space where your days of care fluctuate each week based on your work schedule (e.g., week 1 you need care M-T-W-F, but week 2 you need T-W-Th-F). A flex care space takes up a full-time space in our program to give you flexibility on the days of care. There are a limited number of Flex Care Spaces available per program.
- Request a Flex Care Spaces Request form from the centre Supervisor. Requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. You will be required to submit your work/care needs schedule as part of your request and on an ongoing basis.
- Requests are normally approved for a 3-day flex or 4-day flex schedule. Requests for a 2-day flex schedule will be considered but are not guaranteed.
- For specific payment arrangement, our system allows us to add a secondary household and to define the % of fees being paid by each family.
- Please submit a custody agreement or jointly signed letter to outline your agreement with respect to child care scheduling, payment of fees, access to information, who can pick up, etc.
- This information will be reviewed by our team to determine the best way to set up your account.
- Fees are charged based on your child’s set recurring schedule. RisingOaks does not offer vacation credits or a reduction in fees to accommodate vacation or illness as our fixed costs (e.g., wages, room rental, program supplies, etc.) remain unchanged.
- Schedule changes are allowed with 20 day's notice but are intended to be used to change the # of days of care on an ongoing basis or to change the specific days of the week within your schedule –again on an ongoing basis.
If your child has allergies, anaphylaxis risk, severe food sensitivity, religious beliefs, vegetarian diet, food dislikes to the point of nutrition concern please speak to your location supervisor immediately.
We are committed to the fundamental principle of providing and maintaining a healthy environment for all children and staff. In particular, this includes all those who may be susceptible to anaphylaxis, the term used to describe acute, severe, life-threatening allergic reactions to a substance. RisingOaks' goal is to minimize and control allergies through education. Employees and placement students that work in the centres are required to participate in anaphylaxis training bi-annually. In addition, a review of the use of Epi-pens and Twinjects® is conducted a minimum of twice annually.
Although it is difficult to ensure a risk-free environment, RisingOaks has designated all of its locations as “Allergy Safe” and will not knowingly serve nut products. Anaphylactic reactions to other substances (for example: eggs & milk) are dealt with on a case by case basis. RisingOaks requires that any individual (e.g., children, employees, students, and volunteers) at risk for anaphylaxis have an Individual Emergency Anaphylaxis Plan.
Click here for more information on our Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan